We continue to engage in environmental improvement activities to preserve the environment
Environmental improvement activities
Environmental impact map based on lifecycle assessment (LCA) and goal establishment
We investigated the quantity of energy used and environmental pollutants emitted from the manufacturing to the scrapping of products, then comprehensively analyzed and assessed their impacts, established data inventory for each plant, and developed the eco-indicators by product.
Voluntary Agreement (VA)
We entered into the Voluntary Agreement with the Government, and continuously reduced energy consumption and CO2 emissions.
Monitoring and remote transmission via TMS (TELEMETRIC SYSTEM)
We installed TMS at the outlets of facilities producing air pollutant emissions to measure air pollutants in real time to optimally manage prevention facilities. Emission concentration data is automatically recorded. If it exceeds the control standard, an alarm will be sounded for early warning and measures. The measurement data is transmitted to the TMS Control Center of Korea Environment Corporation in real time.
Continuous environmental improvement activities
We measure pollutants in and around the sites, identify sources and conduct quantitative analysis to assess environmental impact. We have a master plan for selecting and managing the best prevention facilities.
- Using TRI (Toxics Release Inventory) to identify the sources of harmful chemical substances and measure their quantities
- VOC source and quantity : Map the VOC (volatile organic compounds) of all sites and continue to reduce emissions.
- Odor source and quantity : Identify odor sources and types at the sites and continue to carry out improvement activities.
- Energy saving programs : Continuously carry out energy-saving activities.
- LDAR (Leak Detection And Repair) : Carry out activities to reduce the quantity of chemicals at the source.
- Expanding VOC treatment facilities : Increased the capacity of VOC treatment facilities to reduce odor and VOC quantity.
- Improving the sampling system : Upgraded the sampling method to the closed loop sampling system.
- Reducing SOx emissions : Usage of clean fuel to reduce SOx emissions instead of low-sulfur B-C oil.
- Reducing NOx emissions : Changed the boiler burner to a Low-NOx type burner.
- Improving the tank lorry loading system : Changed the top loading system to the bottom loading system.
- Improving pump seals : Replaced the single pump seal with a dual seal.
- Voluntary environment preservation activities : Carry out the “Save one-mountain and one-river” movement.